SOME SEASON-SOME SPECIFIC TIPS FOR SUMMER FOOD
1. Always consume natural foods that have disease fighting, healing and regulatory properties like fruits, vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds while grains etc. There are rich in antioxidants required to cleanse and nourish the body.
2. Opt for seasonal food like berries and water-based foods like melons sprouts, salads etc. Squashes and fruits like berries and citrus fruits etc ideal for this weather. These foods are also a better alternative to junk foods, ice cream soft drinks etc.
3. Keep yourself cool with buttermilk, coconut water, lemon juice, vegetables juices and pure water. Avoid hot drinks and hot water.
4. Snack on apple, melons, cucumbers etc instead of unhealthy chips, biscuits, cookies as soft drinks.
5. Ensure that you eat five to six meals a day. These can include fruits, nuts, vegetables juices, sprouts and salads as fillers in between meals. Women who eat diets high in fruits, certain vegetables, pasta and red wine, are less likely to have hot flashes and night sweats during menopause, a newly study from Australia suggests.
6. Avoid cooking heavy meals with liberal use of spices and oil, refind or white flour products like breads, pasta, white rice etc. Have more of steamed vegetables khichdi salads and sprouts are pittapacifying foods.
7. Avoid salty, sour pungent, greasy foods, heavy spices, junk foods and sugar.
8. Avoid starvation. Eating everything in moderation is the key to mental and physical health as starvation and deprivation can lead to mood swings and irritability.
9. An emphasis on flavors that balance body’s dashes, bonding with nature, laughter and positivity keeps you rejuvenated and free from stress, to keep our bodies in balance and create a better harmony in the body, adopt a life style with a blend of yoga, meditation right breathing techniques and sound nutrition with focus on vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts and white grains.